One for you, and two for me. Hey, it’s ok to be a little cheeky around the holidays and treat yourself. This year I’m using the December issue of Marie Claire to do the hard work of gift-hunting because they are always on top of fashion trends, tips, and must-have pieces.
My wish list went from, “Um, I don’t know get me a giftcard?” to “Sorry, let me make this list a little shorter.” First thing on the list, David Yurman stacked bracelets. Yes please!
Perfumes are always a good idea, especially since there are new scents every season. Were you ever one of those girls who saved all the perfume samples in Marie Claire and put them in your dresser to make your clothes smell nice? I hope I’m not the only one. I’ve been reading that magazine since I was young, and it’s always resonated with me, beginning with those perfume samples.
My family has a Christmas tradition that I thought would be good to share. For the 12 days leading up to christmas, we get to open one stocking stuffer each morning before school or work. This was by far the most exciting thing ever as a child. Now, we open them all out once when we get together. This is a tradition I plan on keeping with my children.
Here’s how I plan to create my own beauty and fashion looks this season:
- Michael Kors Hunger Watch (page 72)
- Laduree Candle– Palate Cleanser (because I love macarons) (Page 76)
- Kate Spade Ice bucket and stopper (page 136)
- Selfie kit (page 136)
- Clarisonic Keith Haring special edition in POP $149
- Maison Kitsune for Shu Uemura
- Aveda Feeling balanced Gift Set (page 195)
- OPI Nail Polish “do you take lei away”
- Marula Oil shampoo and leave in conditioner
- 3-way fur vest by INC International $159.50
- H&M Dress $39.99
- Vince Camuto Booties $169
And now for my dream wish list:
- Because I am now a California girl…I need this surfboard by Saint Laurent (Page 98)
- The glamorized Silver Gucci jacket (Page 172)
- The Dior wrap bracelet on this stunning model. Yes, I pay attention to those details. (Page 170)
My realistic wish list:
- Pouch handbag by Loewe (Page 198)
- Chloe Bag (Page 24)
- Celine Bag (Page 108)
This year my goal is to sum up some ideas that range in taste for you all, or whoever you will be buying gifts for. Find something that dazzles, inspires, educates, and beautifies. Oh, last but not least, I’d like to add something I found on page 57. I’ll just call him, “Mr. Blue.” You’ll have to see what is is for yourself on Marie Claire 🙂
Images by: Ashley Streff
Get your Marie Claire Subscription here
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.