As if 2017 wasn’t good enough to me, it brings me the highly anticipated Nordstrom Anniversary sale. That’s right, folks. It is finally here. Today, not only will I show you my top picks but I am giving you all the tips and secrets to shopping the Nordy sale. The sale begins July 21 and ends August 6, 2017.
*Did you know that Nordstrom’s nickname is Nordy?
Let’s get straight to the Nordstrom tips
- Early access: Begins July 13, 2017 (must be a card holder). Get what you want before it sells out!
- Earn Nordstrom Notes: Get approved for a Nordy credit card by July 9 and Nordstrom will give you a $20 Nordstrom Note. Then for every 2,000 points you earn, you’ll also get a $20 Note. If you forget about your notes then you will get an email tip to remind you.
- Triple Point Day: Once a year you get to use a triple point day. I use my triple point day during the anniversary sale.
- Nordstrom Notes Expire: Every year so don’t forget to use them.
- New items added daily: Don’t forget to check back even towards the end of the sale for newly added items.
- Samples: If you’re shopping online or in the store then you have access to try that new perfume you’ve been eyeing. All you have to do is ask. When shopping online there’s an option to try new samples.
How about that for fun fact tips?
…and the secrets
- Shop with your very own stylist: I’m not kidding. Even you can do this. You can use this all year round and not just during the anniversary sale. Having a personal stylist pull clothes for you is one of the best kept secrets.
- You don’t have to open a credit card to become a Nordstrom card holder. Simply link one to your bank account and use it like a debit card. No need to run your SSN!
- Where to use your Nordstrom Notes: Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, HauteLook and Trunk Club
- Return Policy: I saw an interview on the Sunday Morning show with one of the Nordy brothers and the story about a customer returning the snow tires is a true. Unfortunately, because some people have been taking advantage of Nordstrom’s lenient return policy they have been tightening up the return policy. You can still return anytime but you have to have the credit card or the return label sticker. None can cheat the system anymore. The computer gives the sales associate a picture of the item that was linked to the return sticker. I personally love they are cracking down. I don’t want to lose the lenient return policy because I forgot to return within 30 days.
- Keep the wooden hangers: Yip. You read that right. Of course limit it and don’t stock up to redecorate your closet in one shopping trip but by all means ask your sales person to allow you to keep that fancy hanger.
- What stain?: Did you know that you can ask your sales associate to fix anything you see wrong with an item? All stores have an in house alteration section and can remove stains, fix a torn hem or even replace a button missing.
I wanted to share some things in my shopping cart. I found dresses under $100!
I’ll be sure to share more from my shopping cart as the sale gets more under way.