This recipe looks like it’s from a 5-star restaurant, but it’s oh-so-easy, you’ll wonder why you don’t treat yourself to gourmet meals like this more often. Eating healthy is at the top of my list when it comes to self-care. I believe that food really is medicine, and eating whole foods (not processed, no added sugars) is probably the best thing you can do for your body.
Inspired by my fancy dinners dates with my girlfriends, I made my very own Nicoise Salad to eat in the comfort of my own place. It’s light, protein-filled, and absolutely delicious. Nothing artificial.
- Bumble Bee SuperFresh Ahi Tuna
- Lettuce greens
- 1 boiled egg
- Cracked pepper
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
The only thing you actually need to cook here is the tuna. I use Bumble Bee’s SuperFresh frozen tuna, because I can easily store it in the freezer and cook it when I’m ready. I stopped buying most of my seafood at the “fresh” counter because I didn’t really like the fishy smell. It’s way easier to just buy it frozen, and it’s actually just as fresh since it’s packaged and frozen right away.
Let the tuna thaw, or stick it in the microwave for 45 seconds so it’s not completely frozen. Sear the tuna in pan with some olive oil, until about 1/4 inch of it is cooked around the perimeter. Now that your chunk of tuna is seared, cut it in neat slices.
The salad portion is just a matter of placing all the ingredients together nicely to make it look pretty. Lay the tuna down on a bed of greens, and arrange the mushrooms, tomato slices, and egg halves around the tuna. And voila! You have yourself a beautiful, artisanal salad. Top with cracked pepper and drizzles of your homemade dressing.
Here are 4 major points I think you all should also know about.
- Bumble Bee SuperFresh® is a complete line of naturally-seasoned, restaurant quality, “fish-forward” prepared seafood solutions for the home. It raises the bar for what seafood lovers can expect from frozen food!
- All of their seafood is no mess, and no fuss; just pure perfection, time after time. Our premium Salmon and Tilapia come with their own parchment paper baking pouch and go from freezer to table in under 25 minutes. High in protein, richly seasoned with pure and simple ingredients that let our fish shine through!
- Bumble Bee SuperFresh® smells and tastes amazing. No fishy smells. Because you prepare Bumble Bee SuperFresh® straight from the freezer, there isn’t any smell associated with thawing fish. Their frozen protein has stayed that way from harvest to your oven unlike most of the “fresh” fish you find at the seafood counter. That means it is fresh tasting, and fresh smelling. (This is my favorite part)
- Bumble Bee SuperFresh® offers unparalleled quality. Their seafood is “fish forward” – there’s nothing to hide under heavy breading, sauces, or a long list of unpronounceable ingredients. All recipes complement the amazing protein that we start with to bring out the best of the seafood.
Want to try this salad out for yourself? Visit Bumble Bee’s SuperFresh site for a coupon on tuna, tilapia, and even salmon. They even have recipes for sushi.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.2