Dressing like a wealthy person is not just about the price tag on your clothes, but also about the quality, fit, and attention to detail. Whether you’re dressing for work, a night out, or a casual day, here are ten ways to elevate your style and dress like you’re wealthy.
Dress Like You’re Wealthy Step By Step
- Invest in high-quality basics: Start by investing in high-quality basics that can be mixed and matched to create different outfits. Items like a well-tailored blazer, a classic white shirt, a good pair of jeans, and a LBD dress can be dressed up or down. They are timeless pieces that will never go out of style. Leaning into the knowlege of materials is key, 100% cotton is great. Try your best to stay away from polyester. I live in my Anine Bing white tee. It’s the best money I’ve spent!
- Choose quality over quantity: When shopping, choose quality over quantity. A few well-made, timeless pieces are better than a closet full of cheap, trendy clothes that won’t last more than a few wears. Hop on pinterest and see some great visuals of classic styles. Type in “dress like you’re wealthy” and you can find lots of tips.
- Tailor your clothes: Having your clothes tailored can make all the difference in how you look and feel. A well-tailored suit or dress can elevate your style and make you look more put together. Find someone local and get to know then well. Dress like your wealthy made simple by your new best friend, the tailor! Cosmopolitan wrote a fantastic article about tailoring clothes. You’ll find some extra advice.
- Accessorize: Accessories can make or break an outfit. Invest in a few high-quality accessories like a good watch, a designer handbag, or a pair of designer sunglasses. These pieces will elevate your style. You can dress up it up or down any outfit. ANEA HILL is coming out with waterproof jewelry and I can’t think of a better investment that won’t break the bank!
- Pay attention to fit: Fit is key to looking wealthy. Clothes that fit well can make you look slimmer and taller, while ill-fitting clothes can make you look sloppy and unkempt.
- Mix high and low: Mixing high-end and low-end pieces can create a stylish and unique look. Pair a designer handbag with a simple t-shirt and jeans. Pair designer shoes with a pair of jeans to create a stylish, effortless look. I recently wrote a post about classic J.Crew dresses. I feel like they have great classic style that isn’t trendy and won’t be out of style the next year.
- Invest in statement pieces: Statement pieces like a Burberry coat, layering with a scarf, or a unique pair of shoes can add interest and personality. Invest in one or two statement pieces. Mixed and matched those pieces in your wardrobe. Some of my favorite brands to invest in, ANEA HILL, Burberry, Ted Baker, Ralph Lauren, Chloe, Karen Millen, Tuckernuck and Chanel.
- Stick to a color palette: Stick to a color palette that works for you. This will make it easier to mix and match pieces and create a cohesive look. Neutral colors like black, white, gray, light blues, soft pinks, minimal patterns and beige are timeless and versatile.
- Take care of your clothes: Taking care of your clothes will make them last longer and look better. Follow the care instructions on the label and consider investing in a steamer or a clothes brush to keep your clothes looking their best. I recommend Puracy which can be delivered quickly if you order from Amazon.
- Be confident: Finally, the most important thing to remember when dressing like you’re wealthy is to be confident. Wear what makes you feel good and be proud of your style. Confidence is the key to looking and feeling your best.
Shop my style to get you started
Dressing like you’re wealthy is all about investing in high-quality pieces. Pay attention to fit and detail, and being confident in your style. By following these tips, you can create a wardrobe that looks expensive and luxurious, no matter what your budget may be.5
Leave a Reply