I have been on an ultimate hair care mission. My postpartum hair loss started around four months. Which was about a month ago. It’s finally slowed down and now I’m on a mission to get my hair silky, glowing, and bountiful again. I’ve been trying everything on the market and wanted to share my Walmart dry shampoo find and share with you how to properly use dry shampoo.
I was always under the impression that you had to spend a lot of money to get a good dry shampoo. However, that’s not necessarily the case. I started using Dove’s invisible Dry Shampoo right around 4 weeks ago. My hair isn’t super dark hair and I also don’t have super blonde hair. The invisible dry shampoo is what I figured would be probably best. Much to my surprise it worked like a charm. It leaves my hair feeling fresh and looking healthy in between washes. Just a few quick sprays and it gives it a little extra, fresh, full body look. It not too heavy either.
Some dry shampoos are heavy, leaving your hair with that “I must wash my hair now” feel. For this to be a dry shampoo brand it doesn’t do that…thrilling me to no end. I’m able to go several days before buildup begins. Which I definitely need right now given the fact that I lost so much hair postpartum. I don’t want to be washing my hair too much right now. Luckily, I have enough hair and you can’t really tell, unless you’re me. You know me I only like to wash my hair once a week.
How to use dry shampoo
- Start by sectioning hair from the bottom moving your way up about 1” at a time.
- Shake before and during use.
- Hold 8 to 12 inches away from the root. Spray in short bursts on lifted section of dry hair.
- Wait for at least 2 min. This allows product to soak up the oil. This is the key to really making it work.
- Massage into roots to really absorb oil.
- Brush through and style as usual to revive and get that full body effect.
For more volume flip hair upside down and spray generously in sections
For an extra extra refresh look
While I was at it I also bought Dove’s Between Washes Re-Hydrating Mist. This is for all hair types. Which I figured would work with mine. I’m able to go a whole week without washing my hair with extra help from this towards the end of the week. Needless to say, my hair doesn’t get oily very quick. This is great for rehydrating. It has a weightless formula that will leave your hair feeling nourished.
How to use:
1. Start by spraying all over dry hair
2. Tousle or brush through to distribute evenly
3. If you do want more volume you can always flip your hair upside down and Blow dry for a min or two
I know that not all of you wait so long in between your washes. Using either one of these products will make you feel like you have that second day hair feel and style. I always like my hair second day anyway.
In conclusion, I think Dove’s dry shampoo is definitely a great find. And before I forget it also smells really good. I love when I flip my hair around and someone says, “your hair smells really good.” There’s nothing like that.