Your Body on Yoga!
What do you get when ABC/CBS reality girls collide? A blog full of fun, fitness, and encouragement! AshLee and I bonded over our mutual love for Christ, reality TV, fashion, organization, and OBVI YOGA! #LOVEIT? I DO! If only I was in Texas to Elissercise it up with the Bachelorette beauty!
So I realize packing on pounds over the holiday is typical and so are New Year’s Resolutions to get rid of those extra pounds. The problem is finding a way to help you drop the weight and stick to your resolution this year! Let’s talk stats: the average person gains 1 to 2 pounds during the holiday season. That makes me wonder how much they drop after the holiday season. Unfortunately not much -there are no stats that reveal people drop weight after the holiday festivities. This is a huge issue because if you are adding 2 pounds a year to your frame just from heavy holiday meals, the numbers add up. We need a solution to keep the pounds off, while still enjoying the season.
Another stat: of the 45 percent of Americans who create a New Year’s Resolution, only 8 percent actually keep them. I have experienced this unfortunate reality first hand while teaching yoga. Every January my class increases in size. I go from teaching 20 students in December to 45 in January. However exciting this increase is, unfortunately I know it will never last. Why? The “New Year” people haven’t gone back to work and they are still in blissful holiday mode. So how can we set realistic fitness New Year’s Resolutions and stick to them?
- Write it Down: Keep a journal of what you plan to do for a workout. Check it off when you’ve completed. This will create structure and a sense of accomplishment.
- Get a Fitness Guru: I love the idea of having a workout partner, but sometimes it’s distracting and can hold you up if your schedules don’t match up. Find a friend, family member, or instructing who can sync up with your schedule.
- Set realistic goals: I recommend working out 3 to 5 days a week and staying active on your days off. If that is impractical for you, then start with 1 to 2 days. If you never know what to do at the gym try one of the classes. That way you ensure you are getting a great workout and you stay for an extended period of time. This is one of my favorite things about yoga: you go to the class, you have time to clear your mind, and before you know it, you’re dripping sweat and time has flown by.
- Make it your lifestyle: Don’t look at working out like it is temporary; look at it like something you are doing long-term for yourself.
- Be Consistent: If you slack off or forget January, pick it back up in February! You are never off track when it comes to beginning a fitness regimen. Just be consistent.
Thanks for reading loves! Enjoy Ashlee’s amazing blog and most importantly, IN everything you do #LOVEIT!!
MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT MY LINK TO ELISSERCISE.COM AND MY STORE WHERE I SELL FUN STERLING SILVER PIECES:):)! STAY TUNED FOR WHAT ELISSERCISE HAS IN STORE! SEE YOU THERE XOXO