The Top 5 Major Body Improvements of Yoga
Okay, so now that we know you are going to make that resolution stick, I’ll share some major benefits of my love for fitness and yoga. In fact, I have a website dedicated solely to my love of yoga: ELISSERCISE.COM! The purpose of Elissercise.com was originally created for my yoga clients to communicate with me. I would teach private classes and then create their meal plans and WALAAA they became their own brand of inspiration! Okay, it was a bit tougher than that, but that’s how they feel after they’ve accomplished so much. With my following from Big Brother, I have tried to extend fitness tips and a few blogs for my followers; however, my site is a business site, not necessarily a blog….just yet! STAY TUNED for yoga clothes and possibly a yoga DVD!
Anyway, I seriously do not feel like I have started my day until after I do yoga. The endorphins your body gets from the workout is unbelievable. I have tried every fitness workout and yoga is my favorite. I can’t live without it. I feel like you can’t either. Our bodies require stretching and decompression off of our muscles that we use everyday. Our bodies can get stiff if we are not stretching and twisting which causes chronic pain. Even the basic postures in yoga such as downward dog and gentle twist release toxins that our body stores from immobility.
MY FAVORITE YOGA BENEFITS ARE THE FOLLOWING:
- Improved flexibility is one of the first and most obvious benefits of yoga. Flexibility becomes greater with consistent practice. If you stick with yoga, you’ll notice a gradual loosening, and eventually, seemingly impossible poses will become possible. You’ll also notice that your aches and pains start to disappear. Tight hips can strain the knee joint due to improper alignment of the thigh and shinbones. Tight hamstrings can lead to a flattening of the lumbar spine, which can cause back pain. Inflexibility in muscles and connective tissue, such as fascia and ligaments, can cause poor posture.
- Improved posture: Your head is heavy. When it’s balanced directly over an erect spine, it takes much less work for your neck and back muscles to support it. Move it several inches forward, however, and you start to strain those muscles. Standing for prolong periods of time cause major pressure on your spine. And fatigue might not be your only problem. Poor posture can cause back, neck, and other muscle and joint problems. As you slump, your body may compensate by flattening the normal inward curves in your neck and lower back. This can cause pain and degenerative arthritis of the spine. Yoga improves this.
- Improved joint function: Each time you practice yoga, you take your joints through their full range of motion. This can help prevent degenerative arthritis or mitigate disability by “squeezing and soaking” areas of cartilage that normally aren’t used. Joint cartilage is like a sponge; it receives fresh nutrients only when its fluid is squeezed out and a new supply can be soaked up. Without proper fluid supply, neglected areas of cartilage can eventually wear out, exposing the underlying bone.
- Improved heart: Yoga can not only give you fabulously strong body muscles, you can also improve your heart. I know you can’t all make my ELISSERCISE yoga class, which incorporates calculated yoga postures with intense cardio benefits to give you MAXIMUM results. Most yoga flow classes incorporate just enough cardio to benefit your overall health. Our hearts need to get a workout as well, and flowing through each yoga posture gives your heart that movement it needs. It strengthens your heart from slowly speeding up your heart rate and then slowing it back down.
- Improved butt!: GET THAT BODY YOU’VE ALWAYS WANTED!: Again, I wish I could teach you all how to ELISSERCISEand get each of you that kick butt bikini body you want by summertime! I can encourage you all to get to your local yoga studio and get moving! Yoga is such a great overall body workout. You seriously target every part of your body! Yoga creates definition and helps you lose inches!
Thanks for reading loves! Enjoy Ashlee’s amazing blog and most importantly, IN everything you do #LOVEIT!!
MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT MY LINK TO ELISSERCISE.COM AND MY STORE WHERE I SELL FUN STERLING SILVER PIECES! STAY TUNED FOR WHAT ELISSERCISE HAS IN STORE! SEE YOU THERE XOXO2