I cannot believe I waited this long to make a juicy roasted chicken! I always thought that it was so difficult. Us moms do not always have that much time to prepare dinner, but this is too easy.
Get ready to impress your whole household! Whether it be just for the family or for friends at a dinner party, it is the perfect recipe to have in your back pocket.
Buy your organic chicken and lets get to work!
Steps for your juicy roasted chicken
1. Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Pat the chicken dry inside and out with paper towels. This is important because you do not want the water from the chicken to steam it in the oven.
2. Rub the chicken with salt and pepper. Optional: Add your favorite seasoning. My favorite is this Montreal seasoning at my local Central Market. I pour the salt, pepper and Montreal seasoning all in one bowl and sprinkle it all over and under the skin.
3. Separate the breast skin from the breast and add a quarter of a tablespoon of salted or unsalted butter to the top left, top right, bottom left and bottom right of the breast under the skin.
4. Tie the chicken legs together with kitchen twine and put it in a roasting pan breast side up.
5. Once the oven is ready, place the chicken inside and set timer for 30 minutes.
6. After the 30 minutes is up, rub butter all over the chicken… the more the better! Trust me here.
7. Once you’re done with this put it back in the oven.
8. Chicken takes approximately 20 minutes per pound to cook, however you know that it is done when your thermometer reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit in the thickest part of the chicken. Make sure the thermometer is not touching the bone because that will be hotter than the meat.
9. 15 minutes before your chicken is ready use a baster (if you do not have one a large serving spoon will work just as well) to collect the juice at the bottom of the pan and pour it all over your chicken.
10. Lastly, when your juicy roasted chicken is done make sure you tent it very loosely with foil and let rest for 15 minutes before cutting… very important! You want to keep that juice in there.
Want another recipe?
Let me know your favorite dinner recipes below! I love to use these steps for my chicken and rice dish.
If you do make my juicy roasted chicken recipe, be sure to tag me. I just love talking to y’all! Happy cooking.33